Monday, January 12, 2009

Two Movies

Two I caught on cable over the weekend...

Shaun of the Dead
I agree w/ Butts on this one. It hits the mark on all fronts... great comedy, great zombie movie, great film making. The attention to details was uncanny, especially in the beginning when the slackers were completely unaware of what was going on all around them. I suspect I'm the only one who didn't see this long ago, but if you haven't seen it, go get it now.

I had confused this with an American movie that came out at about the same time... some teenage kids become zombified, sort of a takeoff on the teen movie genre. While that movie was good, Shaun of the Dead is on a whole different level. Hats, heads, and limbs off to Shaun of the Dead.

The Simpsons
Finally caught this one. A must see for Simpsons fans (so probably all of you have already seen it), but don't get your hopes up too high. It's essentially an hour and a half episode of The Simpsons... nothing more, nothing less. Apart from a little more attention to detail in the art work, you get a fairly typical episode. Not that that's a bad thing... I don't know what more I should have expected. And frankly, I wouldn't want them to do something altogether different. It has all the characters you want to see, many references to episodes gone by, and straight up Simpsons hijinx.

No comments: